Handle It® Guard Rail Protection Kits come with all you need to create a safety barrier and protect the working area of your pallet wrapper. We construct these heavy-duty guard rails out of high-quality steel and other materials. We also offer Heavy-Duty Guard Rail Kits tested to withstand impacts of up to 10,000 lbs at 4mph.
Basic Specifications and Features:
- Tested to withstand 10,000 lbs at 4 mph.
- Constructed with high-quality ASTM A1011 steel.
- Rail lengths from 2′ to 10′ long.
- Columns are 4.75″ × 4.75″ steel square tubes mounted on a 10″ × 10″ base plate.
- Designed for faster installation to cut down on labor costs.
- Single (18″) or double high (43″) rail systems.
- Bolted rail or drop-in rail styles.
- Universal 4-way mounting posts eliminate the need for “end” or “line” posts.
- All anchors and hardware/caps are included.
- In-stock items can ship within 24 hours of P.O. receipt.
Two-Sided Guard Rail Protection Kit
|Item #||Part #||Description||Quantity|
|2||GR-10||10’ Guard Rail||4|
Three-Sided Guard Rail Protection Kit
|Item #||Part #||Description||Quantity|
|2||GR-10||10’ Guard Rail||6|
Protect Your Stretch Wrapping Machines, Racks, and Equipment
Warehouses and shipping departments are a hustle and bustle of activity. When carrying a fully loaded pallet, forklift drivers don’t exactly have a clear view of what’s ahead of them. As such, it’s easy to accidentally drive into or over a pallet wrapper machine.
Forklifts weigh about three times as much as the average car—up to 9,000 lbs. Even a small “bump” at relatively low speeds can cause tremendous damage to warehouse racks, stretch wrapping machines, and nearby pedestrians.
Handle It® industrial safety guard rails come with all you need to protect your expensive investment from a forklift accident. You can use them to separate work areas from forklift driving lanes. The kits come standard with 18″ or 43″ tall posts with the necessary installation hardware.
Installing warehouse guard rails is a relatively easy process:
- Ensure the installation area (floor) is clean.
- Lay out the rails in the installation area before you install them. This will allow you to see if you have enough rails for the job.
- Take a chalk line and strike it at least 9” from where you plan on installing the guard rail. The line will serve as a guide for the back of the base plate. This way, the back of the rail will reside at least 12” away from the object(s) you’re protecting.
- Place the column base plate back edges on the chalk line as described above. Do not anchor the columns at this time.
- Using the provided hardware, bolt the rails into place on the columns
- Once you’ve assembled the rails, anchor the columns to the floor by drilling the holes to the proper depth. Drive the anchors through the holes in the column base until firmly seated. Tighten the nut to the anchor to secure the column in place.
Stretch Wrapper Guard Rails—An Investment, Not an Expense
Pallet wrappers are an integral part of an efficient and productive shipping department. If a forklift accidentally damages one, production will start to back up and you’ll be forced to resort to the manual and laborious task of wrapping pallets by hand.
Industrial guard rails from Handle It® are a relatively inexpensive insurance policy for protecting your investment and the safety and well-being of everyone in your warehouse. Installing guard rails in your warehouse, shipping department, or factory will help protect your employees and assets from accidental forklift accidents.
Handle It® Guard Rail Protection Kits
Handle It® offers several different guard rail options for your shipping department. All kits include 18” or 43” tall posts with included hardware. We can ship in-stock items within 24 hours of P.O. receipt.
Unsure which guard rail kit you need? Let our product specialists help.
Get Help From Our Experts
We offer personal and professional customer service on all Handle It® Guard Rails. Our guard rail carries a three-year limited warranty on all materials and workmanship.