Protect Your Workers & Get in Compliance
Pallet wrapping machines and other powered industrial equipment have multiple moving parts that can cause catastrophic injuries. Machine fencing and light curtains add several layers of protection and help your business remain in regulatory compliance. Employee morale will also rise as they can see that the company cares about protecting them from harm.
Machine Fencing — Fence off Dangerous Equipment and Areas
Machine fencing puts a tall, durable fence around a particular piece of equipment or area. Industrial safety fencing offers many benefits, such as:
- Quick installation
- Strong and stable
- Easy to modify
- Complies with OSHA 29 CFR 1910 machine guarding requirements
Example of one-sided light curtain across the front loading area with fencing down the sides:
Light Curtains — Automatically interrupt machine operation for increased safety
Protect those who work around potentially dangerous machinery with an industrial light curtain. The light curtain will automatically shut off the machine if it is in cycle should a person walk into the wrapping zone . Light curtains utilize an emitter and receiver mounted opposite each other. You can combine machine fencing with light curtains to create entry points for loading and unloading along with physical barriers lining the perimeter of the pallet wrapping machine.
- One-sided entry point with light curtain combined with machine fencing around the other sides
- Three-sided light curtains
Example of a three-sided light curtain setup:
- Semi-automatic machine: Light curtains can be used with semi-automatic pallet wrappers. The operator enters the wrap zone to attach film then exits to start the cycle with a pendant control or remote control.
- Automatic machine: In this situation the operator can simply set the pallet load and back out with the forklift and start the cycle via remote control, never needing to walk into the wrap zone. (i.e. Model SWM-SA-1100AA-C)
- Conveyor fed automatic: Often fencing and light curtains with muting form a safety zone around the machine allowing only entry of the pallets via the conveyor. Muting allows for a temporary suspension of the light curtain to allow pallets to be fed by the conveyor system.
Handle It Protection & Safety Devices
In addition to our diverse line of semi and fully automatic pallet wrapping machines, Handle It offers many different safety devices to help protect both your equipment and workers, such as steel bollards, post protectors and guard rails. Unsure which protective device you need? Let our product specialists help.