Stretch Wrapping Plastic Components
Hand wrapping pallets of plastic components can lead to insecure wraps, worker injuries, and decreased productivity. A stretch wrapper from Handle It will help ensure a secure and consistent wrap for your plastic parts. Our fully and semi-automatic pallet wrappers come with a wide range of standard features, such as:
- 250% to 600% film pre-stretch carriage
- Fully adjustable wrap cycles
- Rack & pinion carriage drive track
- Ability to wrap up to 300 loads daily
- Increased worker safety (versus hand wrapping)
- Integrated PLC controls with onboard diagnostics
- Easy-to-use control panel
- Remote control (Model 1100AA-C)
1200UL ULTRA-LOW PROFILE STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The ultra-low frame (.75″) of the Model 1200UL automatic turntable stretch wrapper offers a smaller footprint and enables loading and unloading from all three sides.
MODEL 2200 ROTARY ARM STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The Model 2200 Rotary Arm stretch wrapper has a 118” max wrap height and is ideal for non-standard size and weight pallets.
1100 SEMI-AUTO TURNTABLE STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
Wrap up to 300 pallet loads per day with the Model 1100 semi-automatic stretch wrapper. The 94” max wrap height and optional 118” extension will allow you to securely wrap tall and unstable loads.
Here are several Pro Tips that will help you optimize stretch wrapping your plastic components for transport.
- Start with 50% film tension and 2-3 top and bottom rotations for average pallet loads.
- To optimize load containment and cycle time, try using less tension and slower speeds and work your way up on the initial setup.
- If you have fragile components, consider using lower film tension in conjunction with the power pre-stretch feature on our models.
- Increase the “flanging time” or overwrap delay in conjunction with the top rotations to ensure the film band gets high enough to catch outlier boxes at the top.
- Once the wrap is finished, check the bottom wrap to ensure the film is securely attached.
- The 1200UL will help reduce the risk of accidentally dumping the pallet while allowing pallet jack operators to load much easier. The patented ultra-low-profile frame and ring ramp allow for easy and gentle loading onto the turntable. Ideal for high-value and lightweight products.
Have more questions? Contact Us
The below industries all use plastic components of various shapes and sizes that can be more efficiently and securely wrapped with a Handle It semi or fully-automatic shrink wrap machine.
Pharmaceutical products are fragile in nature—semi and fully automatic pallet wrappers help ensure that plastic components stay securely on the pallet until they reach their final destination.
Big box and other retail stores regularly get plastic components shipments from their warehouses. Pallet wrappers help cut down on product damage and prevent shrinkage that could otherwise occur with hand-wrapped pallets.
Bonded warehouses and other 3PL logistics facilities have a constant influx and outflow of pallets—many are hand-wrapped and almost falling apart. A semi or fully automatic pallet wrapper helps secure plastic components for land, sea, or air shipment.
At Handle It, we’re here to help you make a more informed buying decision with the following resources:
Brands We've Helped
Overcoming Pallet Wrapping Challenges for an Industrial Wire ManufacturerHandle It recently completed a custom manufacturing and installation job that supplied eight flagship pallet wrappers to an industrial wire manufacturer with different warehouse locations throughout the U.S.
Eliminating Hand Wrapping of Pallets for Online Cutlery ProviderAn eCommerce cutlery company that was manually wrapping pallets contacted Handle It for help solving a warehouse inbound inventory challenge that was creating a bottleneck and costing them a tremendous amount of money and man-hours.
Enabling use of Breathable Stretch Wrap Film for an Agricultural Fresh Vegetable SupplierAn agricultural grower and wholesale supplier of onion sets and garlic bulbs in the mid-west replaced an older pallet wrapping machine with the Handle It Model 800 XHT that uses breathable film to keep their products fresh
Pallet Wrappers to Match Your Application
Handle It has a wide range of fully automatic, semi-automatic and mobile robotic pallet wrappers that come with many features that will allow you to improve your shipping efficiency while properly securing your pallets for transport.
Don’t see your industry? Unsure which machine is right for your application? Give us a call or contact us, and one of our friendly experts will work with you to find the best solution.