Stretch Wrapping Bottles
Stretch wrapping pallets of bottles by hand often leads to damage and worker injuries caused by repetitive motion. All it takes is one poor hand wrap to send the contents of a pallet crashing down to the floor. Fully and semi-automatic stretch wrappers from Handle It will help you wrap a wide range of bottles and similar products, such as:
- Shrink packs
- Open top milk crates
- Empty milk jugs
Handle It stretch wrapping machines come standard with the following features:
- User-friendly control panel
- 250% power pre-stretch (lower film costs by up to 60%)
- Remote control (1100AA-C)
- Auto film attach, hot weld film seal, and auto film cut
- Storage of up to 32 end-user programs
- Wrap up to 300 loads per day
MODEL 2200 ROTARY ARM STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
Ideal for tall, unstable, or heavy loads, the Handle It® Model 2200 Rotary Arm Pallet wrapper can wrap up to 300 pallets per day. The 250% power pre-stretch feature will help save on shrink wrap costs.
1100 SEMI-AUTO TURNTABLE STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The Model 1100 semi-automatic stretch wrapper offers a 94” max wrap height and an optional 118” extension. Onboard diagnostics and integrated PLC controls help to reduce downtime and increase productivity.
1100AA-C AUTOMATIC STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The Model 1100AA-C allows your warehouse workers to wrap pallets without leaving the forklift. This top-of-the-line pallet wrapper will improve productivity and increase safety as compared to wrapping pallets by hand.
There are several Pro Tips that will help you optimize wrapping wire spools and unstable loads for transport.
- A great starting point is a cycle with 2-3 top and bottom rotations with a film tension of around 50% for average pallet loads.
- On initial setup, try slower speeds and less tension, and work your way up to optimize cycle time and load containment.
- If you have sharp edges on the product, try lower film tension and rotation speed or consider a thicker, more puncture-resistant film.
- If you have an outlier product at the top, try increasing the overwrap delay or “flanging” time along with top rotations to make sure you get the film band high enough to catch the top layer.
- If you have empty spaces or voids, try either increasing the flanging time or adjusting the fixed height setting available on the Model 1100
- Use a roping device and set reinforcement extra height to lock in.
- Variable tension allows the wrapper to start with lower tension at bottom of the pallet to put a layer of film over the sharp edges. Then increase tension on the way down to secure the load.
Have more questions? Contact Us.
The industries below can benefit from the many features of a Handle It semi-automatic stretch wrapping machine.
Logistical and warehouse operations receive and devan countless pallets every day. Wrapping unstable pallets of bottles with a pallet wrapper will keep the shipment safe until it reaches its final destination.
Handle It pallet wrappers can alleviate the manual labor required to wrap bottles and unstable loads at your manufacturing facility. Securely wrap your pallets for shipment with precision and consistency regardless of size, shape, or weight.
Oil and gas bottled products pose a hazardous risk if they topple over during transport or storage. A Handle It pallet wrapper will help ensure your products stay on the pallet while preventing costly spills.
Improve efficiencies, reduce damage, and allow boxed or bottled consumer packaged goods to quickly get to their intended destination with a fully automatic pallet wrapper from Handle It.
Big box and other retail stores regularly get shipments from their warehouses. Pallet wrappers help cut down on bottle damage and prevent shrinkage that could otherwise occur with hand-wrapped pallets.
Learn more about Handle It stretch wrappers and accessories through the following resources:
- Pallet Wrapper Preventative Maintenance Guide
- Stretch Wrapper Safety Guide
- The Top 3 Reasons why you need a pallet wrapping machine if you currently are hand wrapping
- Case Study: How Handle It Helped an Onion and Garlic Grower Solve a Unique Shipping Problem
- CASE STUDY: Overcoming Pallet Wrapping Challenges for an Industrial Wire Manufacturer
Brands We've Helped
Overcoming Pallet Wrapping Challenges for an Industrial Wire ManufacturerHandle It recently completed a custom manufacturing and installation job that supplied eight flagship pallet wrappers to an industrial wire manufacturer with different warehouse locations throughout the U.S.
Eliminating Hand Wrapping of Pallets for Online Cutlery ProviderAn eCommerce cutlery company that was manually wrapping pallets contacted Handle It for help solving a warehouse inbound inventory challenge that was creating a bottleneck and costing them a tremendous amount of money and man-hours.
Enabling use of Breathable Stretch Wrap Film for an Agricultural Fresh Vegetable SupplierAn agricultural grower and wholesale supplier of onion sets and garlic bulbs in the mid-west replaced an older pallet wrapping machine with the Handle It Model 800 XHT that uses breathable film to keep their products fresh
Pallet Wrappers to Match Your Application
Handle It has a wide range of fully automatic, semi-automatic and mobile robotic pallet wrappers that come with many features that will allow you to improve your shipping efficiency while properly securing your pallets for transport.
Don’t see your industry? Unsure which machine is right for your application? Give us a call or contact us, and one of our friendly experts will work with you to find the best solution.