Stretch Wrapping Wire Spools and Unstable Loads
Pallets of wire spools and other unstable loads pose a considerable threat when improperly shrink wrapped by hand. If a heavy wire spool should come loose and fall off the pallet, it will cause significant damage and harm.
Semi and fully-automatic pallet wrappers from Handle It remove the human error factor and provide your shipping department or warehouse with a safe, secure, and consistent wrap.
Handle It pallet wrapping machines come with the following features:
- 250% power pre-stretch (lower film costs by up to 60%)
- 18-32 custom wrap cycles
- User friendly control panel
- Wrap up to 300 pallets per day
- 118” max wrap height
- Ability to safely wrap tall, unstable or extremely heavy loads
- Additional roping device provides extra strength at the bottom and top of the pallet
- Remote-controlled (1100AA-C)
850PS SEMI-AUTO STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The Model 850PS is ideal for shipping departments that wrap up to 100 pallets per day. The 250% power pre-stretch feature will help save on film costs, while the 18 custom wrap cycles will ensure a secure wrap every time.
1100 SEMI-AUTO TURNTABLE STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
Wrap up to 300 pallet loads per day with the Model 1100 semi-automatic stretch wrapper. The 94” max wrap height and optional 118” extension will allow you to securely wrap tall and unstable loads.
1100AA-C AUTOMATIC STRETCH WRAP MACHINE
The remote control for the Model 1100AA-C allows your workers to wrap a pallet without ever leaving the driver’s seat of their forklift. Standard features include a 250% power pre-stretch, hot weld film seal, auto film attach, and auto film cut.
Here are several Pro Tips that will help you optimize wrapping wire spools and unstable loads for transport.
- A great starting point is a cycle with 2-3 top and bottom rotations with a film tension around 50% for average pallet loads.
- On initial setup, try slower speeds and less tension, and work your way up to optimize cycle time and load containment.
- If you have sharp edges on the product, try a lower film tension and rotation speed or consider a thicker, more puncture-resistant film.
- If you have an outlier product at the top, try increasing the overwrap delay or “flanging” time along with top rotations to ensure you get the film band high enough to catch the top layer.
- If you have empty spaces or voids, try increasing the flanging time or the fixed height setting available on the Model 1100.
- Use a roping divide and set extra reinforcement height to lock it in.
- Variable tension allows the wrapper to start with lower tension at the bottom of the pallet, then increase it on the way down to secure the load.
Have more questions? Contact Us.
The industries below can benefit from the many features of a Handle It semi-automatic stretch wrapping machine.
Logistical and warehouse operations receive and devan countless pallets every day. Wrapping wire spools and unstable loads with a pallet wrapper will keep the shipment safe until it reaches its final destination.
Handle It pallet wrappers can alleviate the manual labor required to wrap wire spools and unstable loads at your manufacturing facility. Securely wrap your pallets for shipment with precision and consistency regardless of size, shape, or weight.
Oil and gas products pose a hazardous risk if they topple over during transport or storage. A Handle It pallet wrapper will help ensure your products stay on the pallet while preventing costly spills.
Big box and other retail stores regularly get shipments from their warehouses. Pallet wrappers help cut down on product damage and prevent shrinkage that could otherwise occur with hand-wrapped pallets.
Learn more about Handle It stretch wrappers and accessories through the following resources:
Brands We've Helped
Overcoming Pallet Wrapping Challenges for an Industrial Wire ManufacturerHandle It recently completed a custom manufacturing and installation job that supplied eight flagship pallet wrappers to an industrial wire manufacturer with different warehouse locations throughout the U.S.
Eliminating Hand Wrapping of Pallets for Online Cutlery ProviderAn eCommerce cutlery company that was manually wrapping pallets contacted Handle It for help solving a warehouse inbound inventory challenge that was creating a bottleneck and costing them a tremendous amount of money and man-hours.
Enabling use of Breathable Stretch Wrap Film for an Agricultural Fresh Vegetable SupplierAn agricultural grower and wholesale supplier of onion sets and garlic bulbs in the mid-west replaced an older pallet wrapping machine with the Handle It Model 800 XHT that uses breathable film to keep their products fresh
Pallet Wrappers to Match Your Application
Handle It has a wide range of fully automatic, semi-automatic and mobile robotic pallet wrappers that come with many features that will allow you to improve your shipping efficiency while properly securing your pallets for transport.
Don’t see your industry? Unsure which machine is right for your application? Give us a call or contact us, and one of our friendly experts will work with you to find the best solution.